DXFactor worked with the health and medical team of a global information services company. The team wanted to create a next-generation AI-based portal which would help doctors and other medical professionals to stay up to date with their CME(Continuing Medical Education) and MOC (Maintenance of Certification) information.
Executives say CME learning is very important function for them.
Below were the pain-points of their existing portal:
- Lost CME/CPD certificates
- Stressful and time-consuming process of reporting to boards
- Difficulty tracking total CME/CPD hours earned
- CME/CPD records from different products across multiple websites and some hardcopy
- No access to receipts for reimbursement
- Forgotten passwords and other login credentials
- Increased difficulty tracking credentials
- Lack of interoperability between different platforms
- Users cannot find relevant courses or material applicable to their field
DXFactor proposed and implemented a CME portal which had the following features:
- Capture granular details about users of the portal as part of setting up users’ profile
- Provide recommendations using existing transactional data, content metadata, and new user usage data
- Users can track the number of credits they log for their CME and/or MOCs in a dashboard
- Users can upload their external credits into the portal
- Users can generate a comprehensive report based upon courses they have undertaken and their completion
The portal has several state-of-the-art recommender systems working together in harmony to provide a personalized experience to every user. All the courses will be tailored to the user’s past interactions, preferences, and the user’s needs.
The recommenders which will incorporated onto the platform are as follows:
- User-user recommendations
- Item-item recommendations
- Content-based recommendations
- Collaborative recommendations
- Top 10 recommendations
- Geography based recommendations
- License based recommendations
- Specialty and sub-specialty-based recommendations
The Business Value
DXFactor helped create a futuristic portal for the client which helped solved most of their pain-points.This resulted in an increase of customer retention by 35% and increase in revenue by 25%. We are now in talks with their taxation and financial teams to replicate the portal for them.